Volunteers are the backbone of Habitat for Humanity
Volunteering with Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity has a direct impact on supporting our mission. If you have community service hours to fulfill, or you simply want to make a difference, we would be honored to have you as a volunteer. You will enjoy a rewarding and valuable experience while meeting new people, networking, and learning new skills.
Different areas of opportunity include:
- Volunteering at the ReStore (a building supply reuse and surplus center)
- Assisting with various ReStore tasks
- Serving as a truck driver for donation pick-ups.
- Serving as a cashier
- Serving as a professional service volunteer. Including, but not limited to…
- Electricians, plumbers, roofers, drywallers, painters, landscapers, carpenters, truck drivers
- Board members, committee members, legal counsel, accountants, marketing and PR)
- Serving as a construction volunteer. Construction or handyman experience is helpful, but not required.
August 2020 update concerning new volunteers:
As of July 2020 we are currently not taking new ReStore volunteers or scheduling un-skilled volunteer groups on our construction site as a result of COVID-19. If you are an existing RAHFH volunteer who began volunteering with us prior to the March 2020 shut-down please continue to sign up for shifts as you have been.
If you would like to volunteer with us as a new volunteer please Contact Us. We will redirect you to our Volunteer Coordinator, Greta Sanders, and she will let you know when we can begin accepting new volunteers.
Ready to volunteer? Sign up below!
Step 1: Volunteer Waiver
All volunteers must complete a Volunteer Waiver annually prior to registering for a volunteer shift or work day. To fill out our 2020 waiver, please click the button below.
Step 2: Sign Up
Sign up for a shift once you have completed your waiver. Whether you are looking to volunteer at the ReStore to give back to the community, sign up for a build day at one of our homes, or fulfill community service hours you can use our sign up calendar to schedule your shift or work day. Please use the button below to sign up for your shift with us.
If you have any questions or concerns, please Contact Us and we will redirect you to Greta Sanders, our Volunteer Coordinator.