RAHFH Update: COVID-19 and changes in our operations
Beginning June 9, 2020, The ReStore is open!
We are excited about welcoming back our Habitat ReStore Customers to make your visit and shopping experience a pleasant one.
To ensure the safety of everyone at the ReStore, please follow our basic guidelines.
- If you are sick or not feeling well please stay home for the safety of others.
- We are requiring social distancing whenever possible. Required 6 feet apart.
- Face coverings are required.
- We will be limiting the number of customers able to shop in the ReStore.
- We are offering contactless donation drop off Wednesday-Saturday from 10am-2pm. There will be bins outside the donation area on the side of the building listed by category. Please place donations in appropriate bins.
- Picking up purchases will be curb side. Items will be placed and the pickup area located on the side of the building. This will be contactless. Please bring help to load your purchased items.
- We are offing touchless payment options that will be available. There will be the tap option, Apple Pay, Chip, also offering more traditional means of payment such as cash and check.
- We will be operating under modified business hours. Tuesday-Saturday from 10am-4pm.
Thank you for supporting the Rockford Area Habitat ReStore!
We are now offering an online store and curbside pick up at our ReStore location 7141 Harrison Ave. Rockford, IL! Here is how it works:
1. Visit our online store by clicking on the button.
2. Purchase your items.
3. Pick up your item the next business day. Hours for pick are 10 am-4 pm Monday through Friday. When you arrive at the store, please pull up on the side of the building. You will see a sign with a phone number, please call the number (815-713-3184) and let them know your name and phone number. Allow time for the employees to locate your order. They will bring your order out to you. You must load your own purchases to allow for safe touch-free purchasing.
We are continuing to monitor the current health crisis and are following the direction of our local, state, and federal public health officials.
The ReStore remains closed until May 1, under Gov. Pritzker’s stay-at-home directive. We hope to serve you all again as soon as we can.
Purchases at the ReStore make up a large part of our funding source for our affordable housing and construction program, and that’s why we just announced a special promotion for our ReStore customers.
Beginning today, all customers can get a free $25 in-store credit just by purchasing a $100 e-gift card from the ReStore. This deal helps fuel our charitable work while providing you with extra spending cash to use at the ReStore as soon as we reopen!
We are still working on e-commerce options so that we can continue to serve our community through the pandemic. We are hoping to be able to ship items directly to customers shortly, so please continue to check this page and our Facebook page for the most recent updates.
The work of increasing access to safe, affordable homes is important and must continue despite the crisis that our country and community face. We are here for our community, just as we have been for the past 30+ years. If you want to make a tax-deductible gift to keep our work going, please click here to donate.
Thank you for your continued support and we hope you are all staying safe and healthy.
All of us a Rockford Area Habitat for Humanity are taking the current health crisis seriously and therefore we are taking immediate actions to protect the health and safety of our customers, volunteers, staff and donors.
Beginning Thursday, March 19th, the Rockford ReStore will be closed to all customers and donors until further notice. We hope to have e-commerce capabilities up and running soon, so please continue checking this page and our Facebook page for the most recent updates. We hope to get back to serving you as soon as possible but we need to take this step to keep everyone safe.
Our administrative and construction office will also be closed until further notice. You can still call our office and leave a voicemail and we will get back to you as soon as we can. All scheduled volunteer shifts at the ReStore and office are canceled for the time being.
We understand that this situation is difficult for everyone, particularly vulnerable populations. Our work helps families get out of unsafe and unstable living conditions and crises like this only exacerbate the challenges these families face. That is why we are continuing to work, to the best of our ability under the circumstances, on this critical issue in our community.
If you are able to in these times, please consider making a financial gift to help push our work forward. If you or your company/organization want to schedule a time to volunteer at our work site at a later date, please do not hesitate to call our office and leave a voicemail.
Together, we will overcome this current crisis and will get back to the important work of building strength, stability, and independence right here in our community. We appreciate your understanding and hope you stay healthy and safe.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 815.636.4573